After you have read through the Subject-Verb Agreement grammar guide, take this practice quiz to see how you do! A link to the answers can be found at the end of the post.
Do the subject and verb agree? (Y/N)
- Those bakers make cakes with too much icing.
- There are a duck pond in the park.
- Everyone is mad at Jacob for letting the spiders out.
- Most of my mornings starts too early for my taste.
- Gabriella and Tim brings paper towels for the class once a month.
- Either Andre or the kids have the scissors.
- Where do the chair go in the new office?
- They buy more coats in the winter than the summer.
Change the sentence from singular to plural.
- The call is coming from inside the house.
- Why is the cloud so dark?
- Half of the pizza is pepperoni.
- The ferret is trapped under the chair.
- A cannon is being made ready to fire.
- Some of the garden is growing.
- There is a way of getting around this.
- The factory causes pollution.
Fill in the blanks with either is or are.
- There ___ a problem with the computers in the lab.
- Three of the computers ___ shutting down randomly.
- Who ___ the lab techs on call?
- Candace and Luis ___ on call this morning.
- Neither Luis nor Candace ___ answering texts.
- Everyone ___ looking for them.
- They ___ nowhere to be found.
- There ___ finally a response from Luis’s friend, Ronnie.
- Luis, along with Candace, ___ stuck on a stalled subway train.
- Either the professor or the students ___ going to have to fix the computers.
Answers to this worksheet can be found here.